EnviroStar Certification in Shoreline, WA - Dr. Steven M. Stanley, DDS
Environmentally-friendly Dental Practices
As a Shoreline dental practice, we care about our environment and strive to do what we can to protect our ecosystem. These healthy business practices have allowed us to earn a 4-Star EnviroStars Rating, determined by third party government consultants and the Washington Department of Ecology. In order to qualify for and earn our rating, we have proven that we are proactive in reducing hazardous waste and materials, preventing pollution, and promoting sustainability. Some of our healthy business practices include:
- Adding a filtration system to our waste water
- Converting to an all-digital x-ray system in order to eliminate the use of chemicals previously used in processing x-rays
- Utilizing a steam autoclave in order to eliminate the use of a chemiclave for sterilization
- Eliminating the use of cold sterilants for instruments
- Recycling old fluorescent light bulbs and converting the entire building to energy efficient lighting
- Utilizing non-toxic cleaners and disinfectants when possible
- Switching over to a “paper-less” system and recycling all paper and compostable products
- Disposing of all sharps and biomedical waste through a permitted biomedical waste processing company
- Properly disposing of all electronic waste
Promoting Sustainability in Shoreline, WA
In addition to exhibiting “green” practices, we adhere to an on-going renewal process with regulatory agencies in order to assure that these high standards are maintained over time. Our Shoreline dentist and team believe in protecting our eco-system and promoting sustainability in our community. To learn more about the EnviroStars Program, certification standards, or to find more environmentally responsible businesses in your area, we welcome you to visit the EnviroStars website.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us today or schedule an appointment online.